Your Facebook ad spend should feel like an ATM. But… maybe it’s not feeling that way. * Scratches head *
Want to know how much $1 of Facebook ad spend is turning into? Create this easy report inside of Ads Manager to see if you’re making money (or just burning it!).
To view a breakdown of activity that helps determine your Facebook advertising return on investment (ROI), you’ll create a custom report.
1. Get started by clicking the button marked Columns: Performance. (This is the default setting when logging into Facebook).
2. Scroll to the bottom of the menu that appears and select Customize Columns.
3. On the pop-up that appears, start removing the following columns on the right-hand side. Click X to remove:
- Relevance Score
You’ll be left with only these 4 pre-selected columns remaining:
4. Now build a new report by searching and adding-in, one-by-one, these new columns:
- Website Purchases
- Cost per Website Purchase
- Website Purchases Conversion Value
- Website Purchases ROAS (Return on Ad Spend)
You should have 8 columns selected on the right-hand side of the pop-up. If not, go back and find what you’re missing above.
You’ll also notice that the columns rearranged themselves as you added them, so go ahead and take a second to put them in the following order:
5. Check the box in the bottom left-hand corner of the pop-up menu to Save as preset. Name it: ROI Snapshot. Then click Apply to save.
💥 Boom! 💥
That’s it. Now when you run Facebook advertising campaigns, you can understand who’s actually becoming a customer and how much they’re worth to your business as well as understand for every $1 you’re spending, it’s turning into $X.xx on the other side.